Here are our five guys to play and five guys to sit for Week 8. There are some intriguing match ups.
1. Robert Woods, WR, Rams vs. Packers: With Cooper Kupp doubtful and a match up with a generous Packers secondary, Woods is primed for a big game.
2. Duke Johnson, RB, Browns at Steelers: The Steelers have struggled against receiving running back all season long. The Browns want to get Johnson more involved now that Carlos Hyde has been traded. Johnson has flex appeal.
3. Josh Doctson, WR, Redskins at Giants: The Giants revamped defense could struggle today against the Redskins. Doctson has yet to have a break out game this season. Today could be the day.
4. Wendell Smallwood, RB, Eagles at Jaguars: The Eagles have issues at running back with Jay Ajayi out for the season. Smallwood is the best play in their backfield right now and has flex appeal this week against a sputtering Jags defense.
5. C.J Uzomah, TE, Bengals vs. Bucs: Uzomah has been a pleasant surprise for the Bengals since taking over for the injured Tyler Eifert. Uzomah is a versatile, big target that can make plays after the catch. He is a TE1 this week against a Bucs defense that has given up the most points fantasy points to tight ends this season.
1. Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Steelers vs. Browns: Big Ben has owned the Browns in his career but he has struggled against them this season throwing four of his six interceptions against them. Sit him.
2. Isiah Crowell, RB, Jets at Bears: The Bears have yielded only 3.4 yards per carry against the run this season. That means that Crowell will once again be ineffective.
3. Sam Darnold, QB, Jets at Bears: The rookie quarterback has played well of late but that streak comes to an end this week. Sit him.
4. Marquise Goodwin, WR, 49ers at Cardinals: I know you are tempted to play him but don’t fall into the match up trap Goodwin is a boom or bust proposition right now.
5. Matthew Stafford, QB, Lions vs. Seahawks: Stafford hasn’t been great this season and could struggle against a Seahawks defense that can still rush the passer despite a revamped defense.