It is already week 16 of the fantasy hockey season which is insane. It feels like the season started last week. In any event, here 10 players to keep an eye and add to your roster this week.
1. Jonathan Bernier, G, Avalanche: Bernier has been terrific for the Avs over the course of the past months. Bernier has 11 wins on the season and has kept the Avs in the thick of the playoff race.
2. Anthony Duclair, LW, Blackhawks:Duclair was sputtering along in Arizona. I think this trade will invigorate him and get his career on track. If Duclair is available in your standard league, it would wise to grab him while you can.
3. Nick Schmaltz, C, Blackhawks: Schmaltz is another young forward who has played some big minutes for the resurgent Blackhawks. Schmaltz has 32 points on the season (12 goals, 20 assists) and is a +6. He is on fire of late and worthy of picking up both in DFS and standard leagues.
4. Darnell Nurse, D, Oilers: Nurse scored two goals last week in a game against the Coyotes. His minutes have gone up this season and so has his cross category production. If you are looking for a fifth defensemen to roster that can play on light schedule nights, grab Nurse.
5. Anthony Beauvillier, LW, Islanders: The Islanders are loaded with young talent. Mathew Barzal has been getting all of the attention but Beauvillier is worthy of attention as well based on his recent production. He has scored four goals in the last three games and is starting to get comfortable playing with the big club. Beauvillier is certainly worth adding in DFS but he would be a nice depth in standard formats.
6. Alex Edler, D, Canucks: The veteran blue liner has been a central figure in the improved play of the Canucks lately. He has played well in the month. Elder is a candidate to be traded. If he is, he is worth adding and stashing. Elder doesn’t produce enough for DFS purposes.
7. Jeff Glass, G, Blackhawks: Glass has played well for the Hawks at times. He can be wildly inconsistent but when he’s on, he’s good. Glass has streaming value and worth picking up in DFS on a night where there are limited options.
8. Jordan Staal, C, Hurricanes: Staal has experienced a resurgence of sorts this season. He has scored 13 goals and has 15 assists on the season. Staal is averaging 19 minutes of ice time a game as one of the team’s top two centers. Staal is worth adding as a depth piece but also as a player who can have added value at the trade deadline if he gets traded.
9. Mathieu Perrault, LW, Jets: Perrault has really come on for the high flying Jets (no pun intended). The left winger plays in all situations and is a natural goal scorer who chips in offensively. Perrault has cross category potential and is worth picking up in DFS.
10. Jake DeBrusk, LW, Bruins: The young power forward has flown under the radar but he is one of the Bruins best young players. DeBrusk has scored 10 goals on the season and is a +4. DeBrusk only plays roughly 14 minutes a game but his minutes will go up in the second half of the season so he is worth adding.