After combing the wire on Monday as part of my research for this piece, I have determined that there are several quality options still available in all leagues.
Here are my top available free agents for this week.
1. Sean Couturier, F, Philadelphia Flyers: Couturier has scored six goals this season and has established himself as a top line forward for the Flyers. He is physical and can score from any spot on the ice. He plays on the Flyers top power play which adds to his value. Courturier is definitely worth adding in a weekly league and has great DFS value this week.
2. Mikhail Sergachev, D, Tampa Bay Lightning: Sergachev has scored four goals and has five assists thus far this season. He is a great fit in coach John Cooper’s wide open system. Grab him while you can because he will not be available much longer. Sergachev would is a long term add.
3. Chris Stewart, F, Minnesota Wild: The bruising Stewart has six goals already. I don’t think he can keep up this pace but he could be a nice DFS pick up this week.
4. Mikko Rantanen, F, Colorado Avalanche: Rantanen is skilled and fits in well with the young Avalanche. He has a scorer touch and can finish around the net. Is Rantanen a long term keeper? No. But he is worth picking up in DFS this week.
5. Derek Dorsett, F, Vancouver Canucks: Dorsett has five goals on the season. He is getting more ice time and proving that he is more than an agitator. Again, another quality DFS play while he is hot.
6. Conor Hellebuyck, G, Winnipeg Jets: Hellebuyck is still available in over 50% of fantasy hockey leagues. Grab him! I cannot stress this enough. He is a starting caliber goal and a long term keeper.
7. Darcy Kuemper, G, Los Angeles Kings: Jonathan Quick is banged up again. Kuemper will have an opportunity to play this week. He is worth grabbing in deeper leagues and would not be a bad DFS play.
8. Jason Pominville, F, Buffalo Sabres: Pominville is on my list again this week. He is only owned in 60% of weekly leagues and is a cheap play in DFS. Grab him while he is hot because you know he will eventually hit a wall.
9. Clayton Keller,F, Arizona Coyotes: Keller is the only bright spot in what has been an ugly start for the Arizona Coyotes. He has scored six goals and has four assists on the season. Keller is hot right now. I would highly recommend spending on him in DFS. He is relatively cheap and the production is worth it.
10. Tomas Hertl, F, San Jose Sharks: Hertl is getting more ice time now that Patrick Marleau is no longer in San Jose and he is capitalizing on it. He has gotten off to a slow start offensively but he has picked it up in the past week.